will not connect to ext network after set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 17:49:26
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

Sset up of my new range extender goes smoothly, but then i get the following error:

"wi-fi has the self assigned IP address ###.###.###.# and will not be able to connect to the internet"

or i get an error saying there is no IP address.

What do I need to do now? Redy to throw it out the window.  Working remotely is stressful enough during these crazy times ;-)

Options
1 Reply
Re:will not connect to ext network after set up
2020-04-17 22:47:59

@AmyLea 

Sounds like there is some IP conflict going on. You may have another device that might have a static IP addressed assigned that the extender is trying to use from the router. You could try to go into the router and reserve an IP address for the extender that is outside of your DHCP pool.

Before that thought, factory default the extender by holding the reset pinhole on the side while it is plugged in for 10 seconds, and set it up again to make sure it was not some odd software glitch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 1