TP-LINK RE450 Speeds SLOW!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 00:02:44
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.00 Build 20171215

I have had my TP-LINK RE450 for about 2 years now. Up until now, it worked almost perfectly with minor hiccups here and there. My router is in my first floor and my range extender is in my basement. On my normal router, i get speeds averaging 80-90 mbps and when I use the range extender, I used to get speeds of 50-60 mbps. I now only get 1mbps. I have reset it multiple times, changed it to an access point (which didnt work at all), reverted it back to a range extender and still get sub 1mbps speeds. I tried updating the firmware but its a V1 and firmware updates for the specific model halted in 2017. Is it just old hardware and I should upgrade? Is there any insight someone could give me to help to solve this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK RE450 Speeds SLOW!!
2020-04-20 21:52:06

@Shooshy 

You can try setting up high speed mode. What it does is connects to the router with one band and provide Wi-Fi to devices using the other, you will not have both bands on either end:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/943/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4612

Replies: 1

Related Articles