CR700 Power switchable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CR700 Power switchable?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CR700 Power switchable?
CR700 Power switchable?
2020-04-20 07:36:58
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

indecision  Have a CR700, it is powered by a 'switchable' A/C adapter (wall-wart) that came with it.  I know switchable supplies by definition are always 'powered on' to the device and then that device is switched on by the power button.  My question is, can I have a smart outlet (while the CR700 is switched on) control when the device is on and working?  I guess it is like pulling the plug and plugging it in all the time without pushing the power button on the rear of the device.  Long hours of searching various pages/websites, could not answer this question.  Thanks for explaining what would or could go wrong.  indecision

Options
2 Reply
Re:CR700 Power switchable?
2020-04-21 15:57:12

@23Sidewinder 

I know for our smart plugs that is possible as schedules are saved internally. So you can create a schedule to turn off and on, and even though you are cutting out the internet it should come on by itself. The plug simply cuts the electricity and bring it back like you mentioned unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in.

Options
Re:CR700 Power switchable?
2020-04-23 05:20:08
Hi Tony, thanks for the answer. I had also posed a Q to tech support, and they said it would be OK (with a caveat). Funny, isn't it? I am using the 'smart' control to switch it off and on (like I had been doing with the included cable modem I replaced). Anyone else have an opinion?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 2