Wifi works but kicks out my laptop connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi works but kicks out my laptop connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Wifi works but kicks out my laptop connection
2020-05-01 02:02:36

@BobbyTP i replied to your main earlier but I'm seeing this as I scroll down. TRY THIS if youd like. 

So on your laptop... before these steps. Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed.

Go into device manager and update your wireless adapter to the newest available. (Network Adapters - you'll see something like Intel dual band wireless)  It may need an update?? I do this for all my driver software.

- Device Manager

- Network Adapters

- Right Click the Wireless Driver you are using 

- Properties

Take note of the Driver Date: of current wireless Adapter. If it's up-to-date disregard these next steps. surprise

In the properties Box

- Update Driver 

- Browse my Computer for Driver Manually

- Open Let me pick from list

I'm sure you'll see a few, if you accidentally install an older driver just choose roll it back in the properties box. repeat update steps until you have the most current driver. (as of now, my driver shows 9/10/2019) this may very well fix your Laptop Internet problems. yes

Options
2020-05-05 16:08:46
Thanks man for taking the time to let me know. I really appreciate it.
Options
2020-05-05 16:14:29

So for several days now the wifi has been stable. I did few things at the same time so not sure what could have officially solved the problem.

First I did what was advised here by @Tony and disabled UPnP. I also changed the power source to the router. As my router was shutting off, so could have been a power issue. I thank everyone for taking the time to help me as it was very upsetting as I was about to return my router and get a refund. This problem occured early on so I at least had the return option with the place I got it from, however if anyone faces this in the future at least they can try what I tried. Have a nice day!

Options
2020-06-04 19:52:09

@BobbyTP hoping your Internet is still continuing to run without issues. 🙌

Options