Extender works for most devices but keeps kicking off my iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 15:56:32 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:48:30
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191011 Rel. 68711

I have an RE205 extender that I've had for about a year, and has mostly worked totally fine in that time. In the last few days however, I've started having issues with it and my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.7.1). It will be working, and then suddenly the internet connection will fail—if I look in the Wifi settings on the phone, it'll be connected to the network but show me the orange alert that says "No Internet Connection".

While this is going on, other devices that are connected to the extender's network in the same room as the phone (a MacBook and a TCL TV) have a strong signal and work perfectly fine. I can also connect my phone directly to the router's network, and to a separate extension network from another RE205, and both work fine. If I restart the problematic extender by unplugging and replugging it, it'll work with my phone for a few minutes, and then the internet connection will drop again.

I've tried checking for a firmware update via the app and it says it's up to date. I've also restarted the iPhone, and the issue persists.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extender works for most devices but keeps kicking off my iPhone-Solution
2021-09-07 19:07:26 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:48:30

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the tip! I updated the firmware yesterday and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Extender works for most devices but keeps kicking off my iPhone
2021-09-06 01:52:55

@nstarr Good day, 

Thank you for your detailed posted, here is a newer firmware for RE205, (select hardware version before download corresponding firmware)

Please try a manual upgrade for range extender and see if that help fix the issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/re205/v3/

May I know do you have stable connection if iPhone connected to main router? 

Options
Re:Extender works for most devices but keeps kicking off my iPhone-Solution
2021-09-07 19:07:26 - last edited 2021-09-09 13:48:30

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the tip! I updated the firmware yesterday and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.

Recommended Solution
Options