Extender keeps dropping out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 15:26:17 - last edited 2022-05-24 15:11:11
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I connected fine with the Tether App but after having to replace my router, now every few days the device drops from the wi-fi. Also, it disappears from the Tether App.

Looking back on old posts the solution was to change the Wifi coverage range setting from maximum to minium. However, how do I do that?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extender keeps dropping out-Solution
2022-05-24 03:42:18 - last edited 2022-05-25 01:01:26

Hello @Kiwilady 

For range extender unstable concern, you could try some tips in troubleshooting guide below. 

Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

May I know what is the model of new router,  how about the LED status on RE when signal drops out , is the issue with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi band? 

If you would like to try changing Wi-Fi coverage of RE, please check the User Guide  here , select hardware version then check if your range extender has this option. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender keeps dropping out-Solution
2022-05-24 03:42:18 - last edited 2022-05-25 01:01:26

Hello @Kiwilady 

For range extender unstable concern, you could try some tips in troubleshooting guide below. 

Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

May I know what is the model of new router,  how about the LED status on RE when signal drops out , is the issue with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi band? 

If you would like to try changing Wi-Fi coverage of RE, please check the User Guide  here , select hardware version then check if your range extender has this option. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extender keeps dropping out
2022-05-24 15:10:49

@Solla-topee Hi the model is RE450.

The LED status remains fully lit when the signal drops and remains so.

The LED for the 5Ghz wifi band on the extender does not light up even though it showed in on the Tether App (before it loses the device entirely).

Options
Re:Extender keeps dropping out
2022-05-25 01:10:00

@Kiwilady 

Thank you for more information! If the Big Signal Led and 2.4Ghz wifi lit, the extender is still connected to 2.4Ghz wifi of router.

You could try some tips in Case2 in the RE unstable troubleshooting guide. 

Confirm RE450 is on the latest firmware #RE450 Firmware (select hardware version of your RE first then download corresponding firmware)

As the issue started since you changed the router, please also try some suggestion here : Fix Unstable Connection on the Range Extender by Changing Router Advanced Features

If 5Ghz goes off when issue occurs, try to change 5Ghz channel on 36/40/44/48

If still the same, may I know the troubleshooting steps you've tried, model of router, and some information asked in the above troubleshooting guide, those will help us look into what's going on further. Thank you in advance~

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 414

Replies: 3

Related Articles