Extender working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extender working?
Extender working?
2020-04-21 02:10:51
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can't tell if my extender is working. Should it show up as a different network with "extender" on the end? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Extender working?
2020-04-21 20:04:24

@JR1980 

Look at the signal LED, if the guide indicates it is connected, and you do not see a separate network then it is broadcasting the same network name. If that is the case, download our Tether app on your smartphone, connect to your Wi-Fi and log into the extender and add a -ext at the end so you know which network is which.

Options
2020-04-28 09:55:03

@Tony 

Hi

What wifi should I connect to?

Host wifi or extender wifi?

I'm confused.

When I connect to extender wifi I can't use internet but connection is good and it's connected.

When i connect to host wifi (same one but without "ext") everything works fine.

So i'm confused how this works. First time I try this and i'm using Tether app.

I install it all after instructions and all looks great. Lights are stabil.

Haris

Options
2020-04-28 23:45:52

@JR1980 

If you look at the signal light that should be solid blue. If the signal light is off then it is not connected correctly. Factory default the extender by holding the reset for 15 seconds while it is plugged in, and set it up again.

You would connect to whichever network you are physically closer to. 

If the signal light on the extender is solid blue but your wireless devices say there is no internet when connected to the network with -ext (extender Wi-Fi) the router may have MAC filtering enabled. If you are not sure, contact the router manufacturer and tell them your extender is not getting an internet connection and if there are any settings that can potentially block it.

Options
2020-04-29 23:04:52

@Tony 

Thanks man.

I sent message to manufacturer earlier today and now waiting for their response.

👊🏽

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 4

Related Articles