Cannot get connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot get connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot get connected
Cannot get connected
2020-04-24 09:38:22
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My computer can not find this device at all. I have done all the checks and it works off everything else like laptop and mobile devices. I have checked Ethernet cables and ports which are all good. What else do I try?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot get connected
2020-04-24 20:23:11

@Alfie79 

Look at the LED light on the extender and see if the LED signal light indicates it is connected to the router. If it is then the extender is likely broadcasting the same network name of the router. It is not that it is wrong, but just that is the case.

If you want to change the extenders Wi-Fi name you need to log into it either using the Tether (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2540/) app or through a web browser. Find the IP of the extender by looking at the router connected devices, then enter whatever the IP of the extender is in the browser to log into it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles