Can’t work out how to get my TL-WA855RE to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 11:26:24
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I would like to make my extender into an access point because the wireless connection won't reach upstairs from the router. There is a Ethernet cable in the room where I want to set it up, which works perfectly in the TV and allows us to stream netflix etc!

I have changed the settings on the Tether app so that my Wifi extender is now an access point, however when I plug the Ethernet cable into the TP device, the internet on the router downstairs stops working!! 

I don't understand why this keeps happening as the Ethernet cable works fine in the TV, so the wifi works fine there!

If anyone has any suggestions or knows the solution - please let me know!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can’t work out how to get my TL-WA855RE to work
2020-05-13 14:12:59

@citbo 

Take the extender near the main router, plug it in and default it after it boots up. Use the Tether app to switch it to AP Mode, connect the Ethernet cable, and reboot it. Make sure the SSID on the extender is different from the main router. Once the extender comes back up see if you get internet when connecting to the extender, and then check the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1