Need Brighter Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need Brighter Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Need Brighter Bulbs
Need Brighter Bulbs
2020-05-13 16:59:08

Why is the only brightness that I can find of smart bulbs (other brands as well as Kasa) are only 60 watts in brightness?   These just do not put out enough light to be very functional.  You can use them for a night light, but you can't put them in your living room lamps and read by them.  I need brighter bulbs........100, 150, and even 200 watts.  I would like to put a bright bulb in my overhead light fixture over my front porch and be able to turn it on when I am not at home.  I want it to be a security light.  But putting the 60 watt bulb in it is about the same as lighting a candle.  Why do companies not make brighter smart bulbs?   I have never been able to understand that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need Brighter Bulbs
2020-05-14 17:58:08

@akita256 

We did have the LB230 bulbs which were 1000 lumens, but have since stopped. I am assuming it comes down to market demand and how well they sell.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 1

Related Articles