We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 13:32:21
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Attempt to save a smart action for a scene always fails with the message:

> We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment.  Please try again later.

Tried from both iPhone and Android phones.

Options
18 Reply
Re:We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.
2020-05-14 22:25:44

@NDH 

Unplug the smart plug and plug it back in so it can resync back to the cloud and try to create the smart action again.

Options
Re:We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment. Please try again later.
2020-08-10 20:52:14 - last edited 2020-08-10 20:52:57

@Tony tried your above suggestion with the HS100 plug, but had no luck.
I want to set my fan to turn on at 6am, so I think the only way to do that is by scheduling a scene in smart actions? If so, when I do it I get this message error even after unplugging the HS100 to allow it to reboot. Help please!!!

Options
2020-08-10 22:37:50

@MattK 

You can do that by setting a schedule. Smart action would be if you wanted the plug to turn off after a certain amount of time or turning on one device would turn on that plug too.

Check if you are able to control the plug remotely so turn off your Wi-Fi and test. 

Options
2020-11-23 15:21:54

@Tony hithere can't save the scene help please

Options
2020-11-24 17:34:46

@andrew2202 

Try re-logging into the Kasa app by going to the top left menu, tapping on your email, logout, and log back in and try to create a scene again.

If you have also not done so, re-install the app as well. 

If you continue to get an error, please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Options
2020-11-25 00:09:33 - last edited 2020-11-25 00:54:02

I have the same issue.    I have remove the Kasa application from my Andrioid Google Pixel 3A phone.   Rebooted the phone.  Then reinstalled the application from the Play Store.   

When trying to save the smart action i get a pop up stating ":We won't be able to save the smart action at this moment.  Please try again later."

Update:   I just o\installed the Kasa App on a new Google Pixel 4A (it never had the Kasa app installed).     Same error message is displayed

Options
2020-11-30 21:39:46

@WSD 

I was facing exactly the same issue.  I realized that I had re-named the plugs after I initially set up the device.  Deleting and re-installing the app itself had no effect on the issue.  Here's how I resolved the issue:

1. I deleted the device - Devices icon at the bottom -> swipe left on device to delete.  I thought it was better for me to delete the device with it unplugged, but in hindsight, I should have left it plugged in.

2. I re-added the device.  Because I hadn't left it plugged in, I didn't reset itself back to factory settings and I had to do that at this step.  I'm not sure whether or not it's important, but I named the devices something different from what I had named them the first time.

3. I removed the previous scenes.  Again, in hindsight, I probably should have done this before deleting the device, but I didn't.

4. I added new scenes, naming them something different from what I had named them the first time.

5. I was able to successfully create and save Smart Actions using the new scenes.

My guess is that something got messed up when I re-named the plugs, which caused issues when the app tried to save the Smart Action with the original names, but it's just a guess.  Something got out of sync, so deleting everything and starting over worked.

Good luck!

Options
2020-12-04 18:47:29

@Tony tried failed

Options
2020-12-04 18:49:10

@Tony 

Done that, no change, doesn't work. 

Options
2021-06-23 23:22:30

@Fergy figured it out. My time zone wasn't set. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4694

Replies: 18

Related Articles