configuring range extender w/o brodcasting?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-15 01:32:54
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20191024 Rel. 48180

I just bought one of these for the sole purpose of being able to connect an Ethernet-only DVR for my home security system. I've joined the RE220 to my existing network successfully, plugged the DVR into the RE 220's Ethernet jack and things are working just fine.

However, I'd like to know if it's possible to NOT have this thing broadcast its own wifi signal, as I really don't need it; I just want it to join as a client to my existing network so I can utilize the built-in Ethernet jack.

Options
1 Reply
Re:configuring range extender w/o brodcasting?
2020-05-15 20:02:45

@ChrisJScott 

You should be able to disable the extender's Wi-Fi by logging into it either using our Tether app or find the IP address of the extender by looking at your routers connected devices. Log into the extender, go to Settings, and in the extended wireless settings you will see the option to hide the SSID.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 1