AC1750 extender drops connection after a day cannot power down the device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-17 00:58:50
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello All

Recently purchased a range extender AC1750 and updated the firmware during setup and completed the setup. The extender is located in a place with good signal reception - all the lights are blue. The system works fine for a day or so and then suddenly drops connection with the router. My router is an asus one. When the range extender drops the connection it appears to have crashed and it doesn't respond to the power button and it has to be physically removed from the power slot and reset. 

While searching the net, it appears to be a known issue and the solutions range from disabling 5GHz operation etc. I tried limiting the connection to the 2.4GHz only and the problem appeared. 

Now I have located the extender next to the router, which doesn't serve any purpose for me, and let me see. 

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards

valathen

Options
4 Reply
Re:AC1750 extender drops connection after a day cannot power down the device
2020-05-19 15:43:28

@valathen 

When the extender has the issue, what is the status of all the LED lights? If you log into your router, does it still show the extender is connected?

Since having the extender close by, does it continue to have the same issues?

Try resetting the extender by holding the reset on the side for 10 seconds, then logging into it and uploading the firmware manually.: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1406/

Options
2020-05-20 16:01:23

@valathen 

The signal strength at the place where the extender is -50dBm

The firmware is upto date to the latest available version.

The unit lights remain lit - the blue ones indicating good signal. I have connected using only the 2.4 GHz and the light in the extender is lit to indicate that it is connected. 

When the extender crashes, I can't connect to that device unless I reset the device. 

I get very good signal as the extender is sitting next to the router and the extender works for a day without any problem and suddenly crashes. I wish I can return this device.

Thanks and Regards

Options
2020-05-20 22:10:36

@valathen 

Warranty for our devices is two years from the date of purchase. You could probably get in touch with our support to see what they may offer.

Options
2020-05-29 03:13:52

@Tony 

Hello Tony

Thanks for the mail. One of the tplink support representative asked me to restrict the router transmission to a particular channel for 2.4 GHz and also restrict the bandwidth. I tried the setting and the extender worked for 2 days and now it crashed. It is un reliable as the extender seems to drop connection just when needed! The problem is nothing to do with the signal level as the extender is kept next to the router with more than -50 dBm of signal. 

I am working now to somehow return this extender. Spent all the time and tricks. Thanks

Valthen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1365

Replies: 4