iOS TP-Link Tether app unable to connect to device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 20:48:48

Hi there.

I got from my ISP this nice device;

AC1300 Home Wi-Fi System - HC220-G1

I installed the TP-Link Tether app on my iPhone 11 pro.
when I open the app it automatically found the device and when I click the device a login page appears to enter the password (no username, just password)
I enter the password - (and I know it's correct) because I can connect to the web interface of the device from my PC using this password

but the app says "password incorrect".

Is it a bug or something?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:iOS TP-Link Tether app unable to connect to device.
2020-05-22 15:29:16

@smounche 

The model you have is not on the Tether compatible list: https://www.tp-link.com/il/tether_compatibility_list/

Options
2020-06-12 20:55:37

@Tony I have the same exact problem using Router Archer C50. I using Tether on an iPhone with latest IOS. Just chatted with an online agent and was told to use wifi password for second login and had the same probem. Why do I need to login a second time. How to I get to use this APP?

Options
2020-06-12 22:17:20

@Besimp 

When you use the Tether app you need to create a TP-Link ID, once you are log into the app with your ID you then log into the router. If you tap the router and it is asking you for the username and password it would be the default login assuming the router has not been configured (User: admin password: admin). If that does not work, factory default the router, and then try again.

Using the router wireless password is only used when you are trying to connect to the Wi-Fi, nothing related to the Tether app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3579

Replies: 3