Are there any wire extension kits for Kasa Led Light Strips?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 06:17:03

I am looking for an extesion cable with the 4 pin connectors that just plug into the ones that come with the KL430. Most other kits require cutting and sodering. I just want to plug in and go but I cannot tell by the images on other products if there are extension cables with the same connectors that come with the KL430. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

Here is a pic of the ends. I just need 2-3 feet of wire between these to connect them.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Are there any wire extension kits for Kasa Led Light Strips?
2020-05-22 17:06:37 - last edited 2020-05-22 17:07:11

@danielm 

We do have the KL430E which is just a single cable extension (3.3ft/1m): link

Options
2020-05-22 20:55:56

@Tony 

So that is a single strip? Does it also come with its own adapter and controller? I have another light strip but the issue is that I want to drop down from one shelf to the next shelf. I need a jump wire to do that. However, if I just had an extra adapter, i could just plug it on. Then both shelves would have their own light strip and plug into the wall. Is it possible to only buy the power adapter that has the controller on it? That may be a better option. 

Options
2020-05-26 13:13:22

@danielm 

The extention we have is only the LED strip, not the power adapter/controller.

Options
2020-06-08 13:55:51

@danielm the standard 4pin LED connectors do not fit these. I was able to make them work with some modification, but it wasn't pretty and I ended up soldering them in the end.

I was only able to successfully use up to 5.5ft of cable to extend them. It didn't matter what gauge I used, anything over that caused flickering and other issues.

Options
2021-03-27 00:30:42 - last edited 2021-03-27 00:32:21

I can confirm that length matters if your trying this. I had extras and 6.6 feet caused odd effects and damaged the first section in the setup of running a "in between" cable between two sections. You didn't change pinouts or anything to get yours working correct? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 10748

Replies: 5