All Kasa devices (switch, plug, bulb) showing red light and unresponsive after router rest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

All Kasa devices (switch, plug, bulb) showing red light and unresponsive after router rest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 19:47:54
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 TP-Link Kasa devices, one bulb, one outlet and one wall switch..... I had to reset my wi-fi router and after doing so, all three are unresponsive and have red lights on them. Am I missing somethig here? Do I have to factory reset and re configure every time I reset the wi-fi router? With the frequency that most people have to do that, it makes these devices worthless to me. Please tell me it ain't so.

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:All Kasa devices (switch, plug, bulb) showing red light and unresponsive after router rest
2020-05-26 16:28:27

@WCByrdIV 

Try just rebooting the device or unplugging and plugging back in and the smart devices will reconnect to the Wi-Fi. If you changed the wireless name and password, then you will need to reset the device and set it up again.

Options
Re:All Kasa devices (switch, plug, bulb) showing red light and unresponsive after router rest
2021-04-17 17:24:50

@WCByrdIV How does one reset a wired switch? I am having the same problem, rebooting the outdoor switch didn't work. SSID/Password is the same, no other devices other than the Kasa devices (dimmer switch and outdoor power strip) are having a problem. Tried rebooting the WiFi router, that didn't fix it either.

Options
2021-04-19 08:30:52 - last edited 2021-04-19 08:32:16

If you changed the wireless name and password, then you will need to reset the device and set it up again.

Vashikaran mantra

Options
2021-05-06 03:50:43

Yes, otherwise half the Kasa switches wouldn't be working fine.

Love spells free

Options
2021-05-06 12:25:30

@AriyaMiller But I didn't change the WiFi settings. In the end, found the reset button underneath the switch, stepped through the settings menu on the app, didn't have to enter ANY information, the app knew the WiFi SSID and password. Just had to click-thru.  Hope this isn't a regular event.

AriyaMiller wrote

If you changed the wireless name and password, then you will need to reset the device and set it up again.

Vashikaran mantra

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 17665

Replies: 5