Unable to set up activity zone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 01:54:27

Since updating the app, I am being hounded everytime I use the app to set up an activity zone to limit how much of my camera will be used for motion sensing.  While I understand how that can be useful for some people, that's not at all useful to me.  I want my every pixel of my camera to be used for motion detection, not just a tiny fraction of it.  Activity zones should be optional, but the app designer thought it should be mandatory.  OK, fine, I'm trying to set up the activity zone to cover my whole camera.  There are hundreds of device models to install this app on, and each individual device within a model might perform different.  In my case, I can't drag the activity zone boundaries to cover the full screen.  So my choices are to be harassed to set up an activity zone every time I open the app, or set up a zone that minimizes the camera's field of view.  I realize I can set up 4 zones per camera, and I tried to do that to cover every pixel, but I can't get that to work either.  I know my phone is a piece of junk, but that shouldn't matter... the app either needs a select all option, or shut up about activity zones option.  Hopefully someone from TP-LINK reads this and fixes the app.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to set up activity zone
2020-05-26 18:44:19

@JMTJMT 

Have you tried creating an activity zone, exiting out, then going back and deleting it?

Options
2020-07-24 09:41:11
I have a good phone and I was still unable to get the activity zone to do what was advertised.. I could create different zones but that's all I could do there's was no control showing me how I could select different activities for each zone
Options
2020-07-24 22:24:54

@akaterri 

You cant', all the zones work the same in that they will just look to detect motion. In the privacy and security menu is where you can adjust other settings, but you can't customize what you want for each zone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 686

Replies: 3