Kasa Spot not reconnecting to WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 16:01:56 - last edited 2020-05-25 16:03:02
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

My Kasa Spot camera won't reconnect to WiFi. I have a stable internet connection. There are no outages. But randomly the Spots will go from solid green to flashing green. No power outage or internet outage. I have to physically pull the power to restart then it will reconnect.

also if I reboot the router the Spots won't reconnect automatically. I have to pull the plug as well. I have not changed my SSID on the router. Nothing with my setup has changed.

the cameras should automatically reconnect to WiFi but they are not.

ive tried static IP addresses but that didn't work either. I've checked to see if there is a firmware upgrade since I found a similar thread but dealing with the smart plug not the cameras.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot not reconnecting to WiFi
2020-05-26 21:34:33

@Kuraitengai 

The blinking lights means they are connected to your Wi-Fi, the solid lights mean they are synced to the cloud.

So your devices are still staying connected to your network, they are losing connectivity to the cloud.

Try placing one of the cameras as a DMZ in the router to see if the router firewall may be blocking it when the issue happens. Disable the DMZ after testing.

Options
2020-05-30 02:32:49

@Tony 

absolutely does not work. Nothing is wrong with my router setup.

a flashing light supposedly means it's connected to WiFi but not the cloud. Except when I log into the router no up address was assigned to the Kasa spot despite having a reserved address. Every other device works perfectly. All my Kasa smart plugs with fine. Only the Kasa spots refuse to reconnect without a hard reset. It's not a router issue and it's not a network issue.

the only way to get it to connect is to physically pull the plug every time. That is absolutely not how the camera is supposed to work. It's also not how the camera used to work when I first got it. And nothing with my isp or my network has changed.

Options
2020-06-10 14:49:08

@Kuraitengai 

I have the same exact problem, since I put my cameras. One of them goes offline with no apparent reason. I have a very strong WiFi and ISP speed. No clue. HELP!

Options
2020-06-10 20:25:42

If one camera works and the other does not with the same network and other variables it may be defective at that point. It would be recommended to reach out to your local TP-Link support as everything you can try at least on your end does not work.

Options
2022-01-25 16:03:54

@Kuraitengai Omg! This same exact thing is happening to me! One camera works and the other does not. I thought I was going crazy because i am not having issueas with my WIFI. so glad i read this thread.

Options
2022-01-25 16:12:31

@Tony WHO AND HOW DO WE GET IN CONTACT WITH A LOCAL TP-LINK SUPPORT?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4492

Replies: 6

Related Articles