Unstable Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unstable Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unstable Connection
Unstable Connection
2020-05-28 13:53:31
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.32-00_803112_170704_905

Hello guys,

I installed a combination between TL-WPA8630P KIT (Wi-Fi Kit - 2 devices, Base + Remote Wi-Fi) and a TL-PA8030P KIT (Starter Kit - 2 Remote Devices, no Wi-Fi). 

I want to use my Laptop connected by Ethernet Cable >> set in Plane Mode with Ethernet Cable connected to one TL-PA8030 Unit. To prevent any potential interfeference, I also tried to disconnect the other two devices of the two Kits, leaving just the Base + the single TL-PA8030 Unit.

I am getting a lot of trouble during unstable connection. Randomly, but quite often, the internet connection goes down and I see the message that there is no internet connection with the router. After some seconds, the internet connection comes back again. For me it is impossible to manage, expecially during video call.

Opening a browser, I got alarm that ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED: as first test, I tried to disable IP6 on the ethernet card configuration thinking that maybe the change was between IP4 and IP6. With this said, I left only IP4. Unfortunately it didn't help. 

FW Version of TL-PA8030P KIT: 2.2.3.32-00_803112_170704_905 for TL-PA8030 Unit

FW Version of TL-PA8630P KIT: 2.2.3.32-00_801192_170511_906 for Base

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for your time and feedback

Ciao Davide

Options
6 Reply
Re:Unstable Connection
2020-05-28 17:00:54

@Davide99 

Look at the powerline LED light on the devices, if you notice they go green to red or red to green the outlet wiring may be bad. Switch the powerline adapter to another outlet.

I would connect your computer directly to the router since the issue happens often to make sure the LAN port on the router being used is fine. If the port works, connect directly to the first powerline, if the first powerline works, then swap the second powerline with another powerline adapter.

Options
2020-05-29 13:54:53

@Tony Hello Tony, many thanks for your time and your reply, I really areciated!

You are correct, one time I saw that the light blinked from green to red, but it was a case because I was just looking in that direction and I didn't give too much relevance to that. I don't know if it happens also during disconnection because after disconnection everything is green: but I will put a camera and check again.

Unfortunately I have no other place in that room where I can connect the Device.

My trouble is that there is no space for configuration in the software tpPLC, while my hope was to have the possibility to set some parameter to increase the strongness of the connection to minimize the impace caused by electricity. I also tried to install a Powerline Phase Coupler but without success.

Is there any trick that you can further share, at least to minimize the numbers of disconnection?

Thanks a lot

Ciao Davide

Options
2020-05-29 21:59:27

@Davide99 

The Ethernet cable the main powerline adapter is using could be swapped. Make sure neither of the powerline adapters are connected to a surge protector and are plugged directly to the wall outlet.

With powerline devices, it mainly comes down to the outlet being used and the quality of the wires. You can swap the powerline adapter around as there is not one that must be wired to the modem, you just need one powerline adapter wired to the modem. 

Options
2020-06-06 14:02:29

@Tony thanks!!

During last days, I made some test by changing the position of the base - powerline in a different location and by changing the model of device directly connected to the modem.  Unfortunately all the test were without any positive result. 

By running the TP-Link PLC utility software, I see that the connection between the powerline in my office (located at the second floor and directly connected to my laptop with Ethernet cable CAT. 5) and the Base Device (ground Floor) is usually arounf 350 - 400 MBps so I think it coule be acceptable. What I am not able to improve is the reliability of the connection because it continues to go up and down, even if I temporary disconnect the other Powerlines not used.

This inconvenience doesn't happen if I am connected to Internet with Wi-Fi at ground floor, so I am pretty sure it shoudl be linked to the Powerline.

Do you have any other reccomandation/test to suggest?

Many thanks for your help and your time

Davide

Options
2020-06-08 16:32:03

@Davide99 

To focus on the reliability or test it place both units in the same room, give it a perfect environment. If you still get drops then the adapter is the cause since they are dropping even when they are close together. If you do not get any drops then your wiring is generating a level of noise that interferes too much with the signal.

We have a troubleshooting chart you can reference if you would like to look into your connection issues: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2230/

Options
2020-06-08 17:28:31

@Tony I will do. Many thanks for your support. I appreciated!!

Ciao Davide

Options