Extender does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extender does not work
Extender does not work
2020-06-05 20:04:20
Model: TL-WA850RE
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 191226 Rel.27733n

Hi i have bouth a new tplink extender TL-WA850RE but the RE LED is never solid so i cannot connected. 

My router is a Mitrastar model GPT-2541GNAC

Mac filter is off.

I can see in my mobile and laptop a wifi with the name of my network_EXT but the button never gets solid. i have tried the three methods and nothing.

I am sure about password.

can you please support me?

Thanks.

Martin

Options
7 Reply
Re:Extender does not work
2020-06-05 22:51:11

@MartinJoli 

Make sure your main router does not have the same network name for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

If you are trying to set up the extender using your web browser, first verify the wireless password is correct. You can use your cell phone to forget your Wi-Fi then connect back.

Options
2020-06-05 23:33:20
they have different names i have tried through a laptop without cable. only wifi and through mobile. not working. any other suggestion?
Options
2020-06-05 23:45:30

@MartinJoli 

Factory reset the extender by holding the reset while it is powered on for 15 seconds. Log into it with a computer and look at the firmware build, then check our official website to make sure it is up to date. If not, update the firmware then set up the extender again.

Options
2020-06-06 00:03:29
thanks for your reply Tony i already reset the extender although not for 15 seconds. just for a while. i will retry. How may i update the extender with a new firmware if i cannot connect it to any device? I am going to sleep right now (it´s 2:00 am in Spain where i live). will see your comments tomorrow and if you have any other idea please share. regards Martin
Options
2020-06-06 00:05:13
can you send me the link in your web for firmware update and instructions about how to do it? Maybe i can connect it with cable to the network. do not know. please send me detailed instructions. beg you :-)
Options
2020-06-06 09:46:39
hi again. i have reset the extender. when i plug it again all lights were on but the started sync and the RE led was not solid. do not know if important but if i take out the extender then the normal wifi network is not available anymore which is weird. i need to restart the router to find again the networks. So with the extender only XXX_EXT can be found when i take it out nothing is found. Please can you help me?
Options
2020-06-08 15:35:10

@MartinJoli 

The extender needs to be able to see your network in order to connect so if your main Wi-Fi is not visible that may be why the extender is not connecting. 

With respect to the extender, here is how you log into it: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/931/

Here is how you update the firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1272/

Options