Powerline AV500 Range Extender Setup Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-09 13:57:00
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had previously been using the AV500 powerline wifi extenders.  My son changed the house to the TP Deco system--it worked fine for about a week, then all 4 Deco units turned red and would not connect--after spending all day tryng to fix it, I disconnected everything and tried to go back to my old AV500 wifi extenders.  I paired my 2 extenders with the main plug in that is connected to the modem/router, but I am not getting wifi in the rooms with the extenders.  The main tp link that is plugged into the modem has a flashing green light (it is solid green when  you first plug it in)--is it supposed to be flashing or stay solid green?  Thanks--any advice is appreciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline AV500 Range Extender Setup Question
2020-06-09 21:16:48

@MichV 

The Deco should not be flashing, only a constant green LED light.

Swap the main Deco unit for another, and designate that as the new main Deco. Look underneath to reference the right MAC address.

If the main Deco unit started blinking then likely it was no longer providing an internet connection or local connectivity. 

You could try resetting the blinking unit by leaving it powered on for a couple of minutes then pressing the reset for 2 seconds. 

Options
2020-06-29 02:57:13

If I want to setup a Powerline extender, do I need to use different SSID from my main router or can I still use same SSID and passowrd as my main router?so that I don't need to manually reconnect again when I move from main router area to powerline extender area next room? Thanks

Options
2020-06-29 17:12:29

@TLWIN 

You can have the powerline use the same SSID.

I would recommend having them be different so you know exactly which network you are connecting to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 3