AP Isolation Bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP Isolation Bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP Isolation Bug
AP Isolation Bug
2020-06-16 16:35:54 - last edited 2020-06-16 16:43:34
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200427 rel.80857

Overnight my router started going haywire. For some reason it stopped "seeing" most of my Google Home/Nest devices. When attempting to cast to a group of speakers that worked the day before, some speakers, essentially those on the 2.4Ghz band, stopped showing up in the list and some just didn't play. Only work around was to factory reset the Google Device and reconfigure the device on the 5Ghz network. Then they could be "seen" again. If I try to reset and add the Google device to the 2.4Ghz band, Gooh6 gives me an error message that I need to disable AP Isolation because the device can't be "seen." But I never enabled AP Isolation in the first place. Checked to make sure, and it is indeed off. Seems like something is off with the 2.4Ghz band in general because the night before a legacy device that only works on 2.4Ghz got kicked offline and couldn't be readded even after it was reset. After factory reset of the router the problem wasn't immediate solved, but it did eventually reconnect without anything else on my end. Current work around for Google devices was to move them all to 5Ghz after a factory reset, but I need them to be able to "see" each other. Additionally, it seems to be inconsistent across devices now, as my phone sees everything fine with the work around, but my PC only sees most of the devices when connected to 5Ghz, and practically none if I switch it to 2.4Ghz. All of this only started after the June firmware update, specifically after I tried to enable WPA3, as I had no issues before that. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AP Isolation Bug
2020-06-18 17:27:35

@Timidus_Leo 

Please try the following:

Log into the AX6000, and go to Advanced > Network > DHCP Server, enter 8.8.8.8 for the primary DNS, and save.

Go to Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters, enable AP Isolation, save, now disable, and save.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1300

Replies: 1

Related Articles