Set Timers To Follow Solar Calendar - Outside Lights Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 15:38:48 - last edited 2020-06-20 15:40:12
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm considering replacing my outside light switch timers that turn the lights on and off at the same time every day year round. They're very frustrating to work with. I have found similar switches that do follow the solar calendar but there's no W-Fi or app.

So someone told me about Kasa switches. The website is very evasive about setting the system to turn the lights on and off according to the solar calendar. Do they do that? And how do you set it up in the app?

Also, are there different models for single pole and 3-pole installations? Yes there's a white wire in the boxes. This would be a straight replacement.

TIA

...Cantex

Options
2 Reply
Re:Set Timers To Follow Solar Calendar - Outside Lights Control
2020-06-23 15:50:52

@CanTex 

Our light switches are able to turn off or on according to the solar calendar. Here is how you would configure that: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/999/

Our switches are not rated for outdoor use so I would caution about using them as they are exposed to various elements.

We have a single-pole switch (HS200/HS220), and we have a three-way switch (HS210).

Options
Re:Set Timers To Follow Solar Calendar - Outside Lights Control
2020-06-24 14:25:16

The lights are inside, just controlling the outside lights, front and back. Silly me, I should have waited for the actual installation because that's where the instructions are to set sunset/sunrise.

Supposedly the front and back lights are synced but apparently not. One light went on at dusk, the other did not. One had to be manually turned on. Both were still on this morning, well after sunrise. More fiddling with the app today. first probably un-syncing them.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 2