Ever since I started using this cable router/ modem I can not seem to establish a connection with Battle.net (Call of Duty Modern Warfare- Blizzard app) and my wife has not been able to access Canvas (online school website.)
I have done the following with no success:
* Static IP for PC
* Port forwarding
* Port triggering
* DMZ on my PC's IP address
* MAC Passthrough for my PC
* Completely disabled firewall and Antivirus on both router and PC (for testing purposes of course)
* I also tried to ping a connection to my PC's IP from the router's system tools diagnostic tool and it will time out every time, as if my pc is not connected (My PC is using a static IP from the router)
* I also made sure all these were enabled, as well as disabled to look for differences in connectivity (nothing ever changed)
It seems that regardless of what I do my Router continues to block specific traffic, even if the firewall is disabled and all possible options are enabled/diabled and exhausted.
The real question is, has anyone else had a similar issue?
Am I possibly dealing with a faulty router?
No solution offered has alleviated my issue and I am fearful of buying another TP-link router and encountering the same problem yet again.