Archer CR700

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer CR700

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer CR700
Archer CR700
2020-06-20 20:00:12
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Ever since I started using this cable router/ modem I can not seem to establish a connection with Battle.net (Call of Duty Modern Warfare- Blizzard app) and my wife has not been able to access Canvas (online school website.)

I have done the following with no success:

* Static IP for PC

* Port forwarding

* Port triggering

* DMZ on my PC's IP address

* MAC Passthrough for my PC

* Completely disabled firewall and Antivirus on both router and PC (for testing purposes of course)

* I also tried to ping a connection to my PC's IP from the router's system tools diagnostic tool and it will time out every time, as if my pc is not connected (My PC is using a static IP from the router)

* I also made sure all these were enabled, as well as disabled to look for differences in connectivity (nothing ever changed)

It seems that regardless of what I do my Router continues to block specific traffic, even if the firewall is disabled and all possible options are enabled/diabled and exhausted.

The real question is, has anyone else had a similar issue?

Am I possibly dealing with a faulty router?

No solution offered has alleviated my issue and I am fearful of buying another TP-link router and encountering the same problem yet again.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer CR700
2020-06-23 17:30:32 - last edited 2020-06-23 17:30:49

@Stick-E-Paw 

The inability to not be able to ping a computer may be that something is being filtered on the computer end.

Connect your smartphone, and test ping that device as well.

The settings you have tried are pretty much all you can do. 

Another thing you can possibly try is to set the CR700 to bridge mode, connect one of the computers, and test that connection. 

The last thing to evaluate is the computer security settings.

In the past users have ran their computers on safe mode to see if any software may be getting in the way.

Options
2020-08-20 12:50:17

@Stick-E-Paw I just got this modem/router and I'm having the same issues. I have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PS4 and PC. On PS4 I can't connect to online services and on PC Battle.net doesn't work at all. However, one i turn on my phone's hotspot everything seems to work fine but I obviously can't use the hot spot to play because it's too slow and won't last long. Also it's not a wifi issue, literally everything else works fine this modem simply won't let me connect to those specific servers.

Options
2020-08-20 12:51:34

@Tony please read my reply to Stick-E-Paw, thank you.

Options
2020-11-22 02:25:58

@Stick-E-Paw This Is also happening to me but for xbox one, any solutions?

Options
2020-12-04 04:01:44

I've had various issues with my CR700, that I bought used off eBay recently.  The wireless 2.4G cuts out after a few days, and I was unable to connect to League of Legends, and some other services, that sound similar to the troubles mentioned in this thread.  Most of it cleared up when I did a hard reset on it.  That wasn't entirely trivial, I think I had to hold the reset down for a full 10 secs or so.

Since then, no real problems, but the 2.4G cut out again.  The reset had put the power save back on for that as well as some channel width suggestions from another thread, so I'm reinstating those again and hoping it'll be good from now on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1351

Replies: 5

Related Articles