Range Extender Disconnects from WiFi, But I am Unable to Update Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 16:45:20
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my wifi extender where it regularly disconnects from the wifi after only an hour of use. If I reset it by unplugging it and plugging it back in, it works again, but only for an hour. Obviously doing this every hour would be very annoying. To resolve this, I looked into upgrading the firmware for my TL-WA855RE(US) V4.8

I downloaded what seemed to be the correct firmware, but ran into a brick wall logging into the extender's web portal (at tplinkrepeater.net). My router's password is more than 15 characters long and cannot be changed, so I am unable to login via tplinkrepeater.net and install the firmware. Is there any way to fix this or am I screwed?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender Disconnects from WiFi, But I am Unable to Update Firmware
2020-06-30 20:38:43

@Nate1312 

The login password you use to log into the extender is not your related to your router.

The default extender login is:

Username: admin

Password: admin

Unless it was changed you would use admin. If you still can not log into the extender, factory default it, and then you will be able to log into it with those credentials. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 1

Related Articles