Cannot Register products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot Register products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot Register products
Cannot Register products
2020-07-02 18:09:17
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I bought the Archer A7 Router back in June and then bought the RE300 Extender. I cannot register either product. I have been through customer support and they didn't help. It is for the US version. I can enter the Serial number but then it says it cannot find the serial number. After i received the Extender, it worked for 1 day and then doesn't work at all anymore. Customer support helped me try to resolve the issue but the final conclusion was they told me that I needed a new one. So I can't get a new one because I can't register my products on their site. I have been emailing with their customer support for about 3 weeks now and have even sent them my proof of purchase, a video of what the extender was doing as well as pictures, and I have also sent them pictures of the serial numbers for both products. They did say the problem should be fixed but it wasn't and I still can't register my products. I also sent them a picture of how it says it cannot find the serial number. I was about done and finally decided to return the extender back to Amazon where I purchased it. I would love to be able to register my Archer A7 Router so if something happens to it in the next 2 years I can use the warranty. Resolving the issue would also be appreciated in a timely manner as well. 

Options
12 Reply
Re:Cannot Register products
2020-07-02 22:09:54

@jeovani32 

Please expect to hear from the support team once they go back and make sure the serial number has been added so you can register your router. If you do not hear anything by next Monday, let me know.

Options
2020-09-15 18:15:31

@jeovani32 Did they ever fix this. I am having the same issue. you can't return it without registering it, an you can't register it. Sounds fishy to me.

Options
2020-09-16 20:49:08

@JhonB 

What you need to do is to contact support so they can ensure your serial number is added to the database so you can then register it. First they will verify your device and warranty, then help with the rest.

Options
2020-09-16 21:38:46

@Tony Thanks Tony. I di that and that's a hour of my life I will never get back. If it looks like the same when I try to send it back for repairs, I will just eat it.

Options
2020-11-18 02:30:32

@jeovani32 were you able to get this fixed?

I'm having registration problems on my Deco M5.

Options
2020-11-18 13:48:05

@Gingerbytes yes i was able to get this fixed. When i wrote the review someone contacted me and said if it wasn't resolved in 24 hours to contact them. it was resolved later that day. I tried Customer service and was on the phone with them for about an hour and they didn't help at all. here is the person that helped me get my devices registered, zoe.ma@tp-link.com. They really need to fix this problem. Good luck!

Options
2020-11-18 14:26:17

@Gingerbytes You have to call them and they will manually enter the device. They have some real problems with this.

Options
2020-11-18 15:37:34

@jeovani32 Thank you, will try to reach out to zoe.ma@tp-link.com.

Options
2020-11-18 15:38:06
Tried calling this morning, wasn't lucky to get thru their hotline.
Options
2021-01-07 02:07:55

@jeovani32 Hey, did you contact zoe.ma@tp-link.com and did it work? Were they able to register your router for warranty coverage?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2902

Replies: 12

Related Articles