TP link deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP link deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP link deco
TP link deco
2020-07-04 21:42:25
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a whole home Mesh WI-Fi system, as above I wish to extend the signal outside the house. Can I use a TP-Link EAP225 with this system?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP link deco
2020-07-07 19:41:26

@mbushey 

You can run an Ethernet cable from one of the Deco nodes to the EAP225. You will not have a true mesh network like you do between the Deco units, but will have network connectivity at least. 

I would recommend renaming the EAP to something different just so you know that you are in fact connecting to the EAP. If everything is named the same you may not know if you are still connected to the Deco or the EAP.

Options
2020-07-07 19:56:01

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@mbushey 

You can run an Ethernet cable from one of the Deco nodes to the EAP225. You will not have a true mesh network like you do between the Deco units, but will have network connectivity at least. 

I would recommend renaming the EAP to something different just so you know that you are in fact connecting to the EAP. If everything is named the same you may not know if you are still connected to the Deco or the EAP.

Sorry I am ignorant. What is the EAP225. Does that mean an Ethernet cable from one housing area to another, probably not an option in my house.

Options
2020-07-09 15:00:09

@mbushey 

Here is a link to the EAP225-Outdoor you would run an Ethernet cable to: https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap225-outdoor/

It would look something like this:

Please note the EAP will not work in a mesh manner as if it was another Deco node, meaning that if you go outside the client device will need to connect to a new network (EAP). Similar if you connect from one router to another router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 3

Related Articles