Powerline Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Password
Powerline Password
2020-07-07 16:07:51
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ?

Hi everyone! I'm having an issue where I am unable to log into either the web based interface, or use the TP-Link powerline utility on either of my TL-WPA4220 devices, one is a firmware v1 AV500 and the other is a firmware version 4 AV600.

Whenever I try to log in it asks for a username and password. I have tried admin and admin to no avail. I tried using the username and password I changed the AV500 to and I still get "incorrect username/password" error.

I will add that I reset both devices yesterday because of an issue on my home network, and I have only just readded my Powerline adaptors back into my network; so, my AV600 should still be set to factory settings with regards getting into it right? My AV500 is what I committed all of my settings through.

I changed the SSID of my AV500 and AV600 to match my main router, just so I didn't have to have my devices select new networks etc as I move around the house and that has worked fine. I just can't get into my actual devices for some reason; and I've not forgotten the password, I have literally only just changed it but it isn't working and neither is the default.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Password
2020-07-08 18:19:28

@Wilko84 

Don't use a computer, use the tpPLC app on your smartphone. If that does not work use the phones browser. The default is admin / admin so that should work when logging into the 4220. Make sure the cell phone does not make the first character upper case.

When doing a factory reset on the WPA4220, you need to hold the small reset pinhole for 5 seconds while it is plugged in and powered on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2351

Replies: 1

Related Articles