TL-WPA8630P Ping spikes when playing games through LAN.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 11:18:15
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

Hi I recently purchased the TL-WPA8630P-KIT v2 kit and I have them connected up the same I did prior to upgrading my previous ones, unfortunately I have been having issues whilst playing multiple games my ping will suddenly spike up by 20-10 and cause my game to freeze up for a couple of seconds, I have two cat 7 1gb cables connected up to my adapter and my phone wirelessly connected with a download speed of 70 and upload speed of 20 (the max my broadband provides) I would like to know if theres anyway to fix this? the firmware is the latest and I don't know what else I can do to fix it.

Thanks Terry.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P Ping spikes when playing games through LAN.
2020-07-13 17:28:54

@TerryP 

If there is a second outlet, plug the Wi-Fi extender to that, and see if the same lag still happens. 

If the wireless network name of the TL-WPA8630P is configured to be the same network name of the router, change it so it is not the same.

If you have a computer connected with an Ethernet cable to the 8630 to see if you still get the lag. If so, move the 8630 to the same room as the first adapter. If you still get major drops then factory default each powerline device and repair them. If you still get the drops there may be issues with the device. 

Another test to do is to steal the cable from the first powerline adapter and connect that to your computer to test.

Options