Re 650 slows down over time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 19:19:43
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 build 20180719 Rel.36926

Hi all

so i have this weird issue with my RE650 normally the system runs fine , mostly with 1Ms delay and the same speeds as my host 

but here it comes after a while the extender slows down to speeds belows 20Mbps thats a loss of 180Mbps however latency only increases with 2 ms , its almost like the device throttles me down .. 

another very weird thing is that if i ping an outside adress the latency is ABOVE 2000ms 

it sounds to me the device is clogging up or something , after a reboot the device runs good again however problems grow over time , within one hour im back on 100Mbps 

is this a hardware or software fault?

thanks in advance

Andrew

Options
1 Reply
Re:Re 650 slows down over time
2020-07-13 21:23:02

@Dre-Style 

There appears to be a newer firmware for your extender. Visit our official website to download the firmware.

Here is an article that will show how to update it: https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/1406/

If you have trouble logging into the extender, factory reset it, and log into it with a web browser.

Options