iPhone not getting internet connection, but other devices do.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 00:51:18
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a RE300 and it is working fine with numerous devices (a laptop, an ipad, appleTV and my Iphone).   However, when I connect my girlfriend's iphone, it does not get any internet connectivity.   I can get her iphone to connect to the RE300, but for some reason, there is no internet connection.   I have not had this issue with any other devices, and they all continue to work fine while her iphone does not. 

When I open the tether app, I can see all of the devices that are connected, including my girlfriend's iphone.  However, the other devices have appropriate names while her phone just says "unknown".  Also, the IP displayed for her device is 0.0.0.0.  All the other devices have regular IP addresses.

Does anyone have any tips to resolve this?   It's driving me nuts (and her as well).

Options
1 Reply
Re:iPhone not getting internet connection, but other devices do.
2020-07-13 22:40:28

@Russ_C 

Looks like the phone is not getting a DHCP address. Try to edit the connection and assign the phone a static IP. Look at the other phones address information to see what to put for the IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS Server. Change the IP to end with something like 192.168.0.250 assuming your router gives out 192.168.0.x addresses.

Options