Powerline LED stays off after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 01:48:30
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all - how can I fix when the powerline LED of my extender stays off.

I was trying to add an extra extender earlier today. After several failure of pairing it with my existing extender (the powerline LED turned red each time after the pairing session), I pressed the reset button of the extra one (for about 3-5 seconds). Since then, the powerline LED stayed off. I tried unplug it and put it back to the wall socket - it turned red for the first 1-2 seconds before going off. I tried connecting it with ethernet or through Utility, the powerline LED still stays off. Any tips to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline LED stays off after reset
2020-07-13 22:43:21

@jerrynemo 

The red LED means it is connected, but due to other factors the connection is not as fast (green LED). 

You may not be able to use the powerline in the outlet you want it at. I would place all the powerline adapter in the same room or as close as possible just to make sure they all can pair up and see each other. After that, if you place the powerline on an outlet and the powerline LED does not turn on, then it will not work there. You need to pick another outlet to put the powerline adapter on. 

Here is an article that gives general tips: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/409/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 661

Replies: 1