multiple power line adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 17:25:01
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Already have one kit. Need to add another if possible? 

But it needs to tie into where one of the power lines is already at where the cablemode/router is at. I am not sure how this works, its all black magic under the hood to me, or if this can work. Need to add another IP Camera to the power line network with an additional powerline outlet.

Here is a crude diagram. Green is existing.

Options
2 Reply
Re:multiple power line adapters
2020-07-16 17:57:11

@SJAMISON 

When you get another kit you would place those two units where you need them. Only one powerline adapter is needed to be wired to the router for the rest of the units.

So in your case place one of the adapters where you need it for the new camera, the second unit can be stored in case you need another connection.

Options
Re:multiple power line adapters
2020-07-28 19:29:49 - last edited 2020-07-28 19:33:06

I have it set up like this already - one powerline adapter is next to the router and plugs into one of its 5 ports. the other two powerline adapters are connected to a camera in the garage and a camera over the front door under the awning. I think the max is 15 all in the same house power lines. All the powerline adapters make one network together, so you only need one connected to the router and then all the others will communicate through that one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 2

Related Articles