Tether app: No Host Network Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-21 11:58:50
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New router; new SSIDs. I hard-reset the RE220 to reconfigure. Using Tether, all looks good until the final Apply. That counts up to 46%, then I get a sceen saying No Host Network Connection. Text says to make sure the SSIDs and passwords are correct (they are), the router isn't applying MAC filtering or access control (it's not).

The RE220 is about 10 inches from my router via an electrical extension cord.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Tether app: No Host Network Connection
2020-07-22 15:50:13

@brec 

Try verifying the wireless password on your smartphone to make sure it is the correct one. For example, forgetting your main Wi-Fi network, then connecting back and entering the same password you were giving the extender. There are cases where the smartphone capitalizes the first character which can cause issues. 

Other things to try is to change the network name and password to something else, possibly something simple just to see if it is possible or see if it can connect without a password on the main Wi-Fi.

Options
2020-11-09 06:03:07

@brec this is my exact problem, down to the setup failing at 46% every time. Did you ever find a solution?

Options
2020-12-05 03:45:53

@BPallor 

Same issue for me. And WPS will go past 46% all the way to 100% and then same No Host Connection page. Very frustrating. 

Options
2020-12-05 04:00:26
I am idiot. Tech had changed wifi password. Will try again.
Options
2020-12-12 17:27:09

@brec Having the same problem.  My ISP is Frontier and they seem to think it's a compatability issue with the router, which is a Fios G1100.  Do you have a remedy or will I need to send it back to Amazon?

Options
2020-12-30 21:56:25

@brec 
Same issue here with CenturyLink No host connection to ruter when applying

Options
2021-04-26 23:52:58

@brec Same issue ... and yes the passwords are correct.. looks like 1000s people are having the same issue with this product... i don't think its interoperable with WIFI standards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3170

Replies: 7

Related Articles