Can RE220's host network SSID be changed without a complete re-configure?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 17:18:02 - last edited 2020-07-24 17:19:04
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20191024 Rel. 48180

Suppose I am planning to change the SSID of the wireless band that my RE220 is using to connect to the host router.

Using the web management interface, I can change the SSID of the RE220's network to the host router, and then click Save. When will the RE220 connect using the new SSID? Immediately (which would fail, but that's OK)? Will it keep trying to connect until it's successful when the new SSID is available? Or would it try only after a reboot, i.e., power cycle?

Overall, my question is whether I can change the SSID without having to use the RE220 reset button and re-configure it from scratch.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can RE220's host network SSID be changed without a complete re-configure?
2020-07-27 16:46:01

@brec 

If the host SSID changes it should periodically check, but rebooting would be best to have it reconnect soon.

You do not need to reset the extender, you can either log into it via the web browser or use Tether.

I am not sure how frequently you will change the host, but if it is not often, resetting the device may be easier if it is just the SSID and password that is ever configured.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 674

Replies: 1