One wall adapter has all 3 lights one while the other only has the Power and Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One wall adapter has all 3 lights one while the other only has the Power and Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 21:00:32
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I recently bought these wall adapters because I thought my old one that are something like 5 years old didn't work. Seems not to be the case because I'm running into the same problem as before.

Of the 2 adapters the one with all 3 lights (Power, powerline, ethernet) is connected to my computer while the one connected to the modem has only 2 (Power and powerline). I used the ethernet cords that were included with them as well as my old ones but neither seems to make a difference. I've paired them as well but still the same problem. I downloaded the tlPLC Utility program and both adapters are showing up but are showing the same thing regarding the lights. There's a connection still but no internet. When I try to troubleshoot it on my computer's end the problem I run into is "Ethernet 3 doesn't have a valid ip configuration".

Options
4 Reply
Re:One wall adapter has all 3 lights one while the other only has the Power and Powerline
2020-07-27 21:43:03

@JamesF 

The adapter to the router is not detecting an Ethernet connection which would explain why the light is off. If you swapped powerline adapters and the light stay soft, then it could be the cable or the Ethernet port you are connecting to.

Remove the Ethernet cable from the powerline adapter with two lights and connect that into a computer to see how that behaves.

Options
Re:One wall adapter has all 3 lights one while the other only has the Power and Powerline
2020-07-28 00:25:54
Tried 3 different ethernet cords, 2 of which came with the adapters, along with changing the ethernet ports on the modem. No change. Swapped the adapters, still the same problem. I also tried different outlets, also the same.
Options
2020-07-28 19:48:08
If a problem like that follows the same adapter to different plugs and different cables then it sounds like a defective unit.
Options
2020-07-28 21:21:56
It doesn't matter what adapter, neither seems to work when plugged into 3 different outlets and connected to the modem. The one connected to my computer has all 3 lights on but the one connected to the modem doesn't have the ethernet light turn on.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3684

Replies: 4

Related Articles