Outdoor Wifi Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor Wifi Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outdoor Wifi Repeater
Outdoor Wifi Repeater
2020-07-29 06:07:09

I'm looking for a high gain outdoor ac repeater for my camper. Most campgrounds I stay at have very poor Internet. Currently I have a Comfast CF-EW72, which works well, except the firmware is flaky, an requires constant reboots. The EAP-225-OUTDOOR looks about right, but doesn't support repeater mode. Can anyone recommend an 802.11AC outdoor repeater that can be powered by POE?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Outdoor Wifi Repeater
2020-07-29 21:13:13

@RChadwick 

We do have the CPE210 (2.4G) and the CPE510 (5G) that support repeater mode. They are very directional devices so they are more suited for providing a signal from one point to another point, and at the receiving end, put a wireless device to provide Wi-Fi for devices around it. Similar to this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1226/

Options
Re:Outdoor Wifi Repeater
2020-07-31 14:51:18

@Tony Thanks, but I was hoping for something 802.11AC, dual band, and non-directional (I've tried directional for years, and get a better connection with Omni antennas). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 2

Related Articles