I installed a powerline home network consisting of three Netgear XAV1601v2 devices and two TP-Link TL-PA4010 devices connecting one of Netgear's to port LAN1 and TL-PA4010 to port LAN2 of my router. In addition, I changed the subnetworks names for Netgear's devices and TP-Link's accordingly making them private subnetworks.
Everything is working fine. However, I noticed TP-Link PLC utility ( latest version 2.2.314912 ) cannot find TP-Link PLCs ( saying no device connected ) when Netgear's powerline device is connected to the router. As soon as the ethernet cable link between LAN1 port and powerline device is interrupted by me the TP-Link utility starts working.
When I use Netgear's Genie utility separately it discovers all my devices including TL-PA4010 with their correct MAC addresses.
I know that both utilities use WinPcap (4.1.3 ) software that allows NIC operate in "promiscous" mode to capture ethernet packets received from any PLC devices letting GUI
of powerline configuration utilitiy show on display screen PLCs with their parameters.
It is unclear how the ethernet received packets from Netgear devices interfer with received TL-PA4010 packets preventing tdPLC utility to work as described by TP-link.
So far the technical support of TP-Link could not find a solution moving the issue to higher level of their technical support.