TP-Link PLC Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link PLC Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link PLC Utility
TP-Link PLC Utility
2020-08-01 02:00:23
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.8

I installed a powerline home network consisting of three Netgear XAV1601v2 devices and two TP-Link TL-PA4010 devices connecting one of Netgear's to port LAN1 and TL-PA4010 to port LAN2 of my router. In addition, I changed the subnetworks names for Netgear's devices and TP-Link's accordingly making them private subnetworks.

Everything is working fine. However, I noticed TP-Link PLC utility ( latest version 2.2.314912 ) cannot find TP-Link PLCs ( saying  no device connected ) when Netgear's powerline device is connected to the router. As soon as the ethernet cable link between LAN1 port and powerline device is interrupted by me the TP-Link utility starts working.

When I use Netgear's Genie utility separately it discovers all my devices including TL-PA4010 with their correct MAC addresses.

I know that both utilities use WinPcap (4.1.3 ) software that allows NIC operate in "promiscous" mode to capture ethernet packets received from any PLC devices letting GUI

of powerline configuration utilitiy show on display screen PLCs with their parameters.

It is unclear how the ethernet received packets from Netgear devices interfer with received TL-PA4010 packets preventing tdPLC utility to work as described by TP-link.

So far the technical support of TP-Link could not find a solution moving the issue to higher level of their technical support.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link PLC Utility
2020-08-03 16:24:52

@Photon 

I wonder if it may be due to having two powerline devices connected to the router rather then just one. Have you tried testing with only on powerline line connected to the router and all the others plugged in different outlets, regardless of brand.

Options
Re:TP-Link PLC Utility
2020-08-03 22:01:59

@Tony 

No, I did not  try that. Why the described issue happens with tpPLC utility not with Netgear's Genie utility ? Both PLC devices TL-PA4060v3 and XAV1601v2 are connected the same way to the router only to different its LAN ports.  

Options