Setting up Range Extender - No Signal LED light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-01 20:01:01
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Trying to set up the range extender using the smartphone app.  Followed the app instructions and the phone says it's activated.  However, the Signal LED is not on.  The instructions that came with the range extender says, "if the LED does not turn solid on, refer to FAQ>2".  I poked around the website for an hour, but still cant find this FAQ the instructions are refering too.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up Range Extender - No Signal LED light
2020-08-03 16:51:19

@CalicoJan 

The most common issue for the LED no lighting up is due to the password not being the correct one.

What would be recommended is to verify the wireless password you gave the Kasa app. With your smartphone forget the wireless network you usually connect to, then connect back so you get prompted for the password. Enter the same password you entered while setting up the extender to see if it connects.

Once you verified the wireless password, factory reset the extender by holding the reset button for 15 seconds while it is plugged in, and then set it up one more time.

Options
2020-08-04 20:48:13

@Tony I guess I'm not tech enough to figure this out.  It's not a password issue.  I don't really care if my phone picks it up or not.  I just want to extend the WiFi range so that I can start watching streaming services on my TV.  That part of the house has minimal WiFi. 

Options
2020-08-04 22:35:13

@CalicoJan 

You can get in contact with our support team who can assist you here: https://livechat.tp-link.com/us/re/

Options