Votes

Minimize 2.4GHz WiFi channel interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-03 00:55:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200221 Rel. 65392

2.4GHz WiFi channels selected for the mesh should be restricted to channels 1, 6, and 11. This has been the standard recommendation for a couple of decades, to minimize interference with neighbors. All my neighbors' eleven different access points adhere to this guidance, but now I cannot. My new Deco M5s are using Channel 3, which produces interference with Channels 1-7. If everyone uses the recommended 1, 6, and 11 channels, it allows neighbors to minimize their interference in the 2.4GHz band.

Can you either fix the algorithm of the Mesh to pick only one of those three recommended channels, or else provide a feature where I can practice good neighborly behavior and limit to the channels of my choice (in my case, 1, 6, and 11)?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Minimize 2.4GHz WiFi channel interference
2020-08-03 20:02:26

@edp 

We have forwarded the request to modify the wireless channels from previous users. However, there is no guarantee if that feature would be made available. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 866

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.