Question about away mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Question about away mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Question about away mode
Question about away mode
2020-08-08 01:17:52
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I'm very Upset because Kasa Support lied to me, because they wouldn't dig in to find the real answer so eventually they just threw me an incorrect one. I hate that, being an engineer that provides data that has to be correct, I would never do that as it could cost me my job.

My specific question was: When using away mode how many times will the unit turn on/off. KASA told me 11 times in the time range I select. FALSE.  I set it for a 20 min range, it went on/off 4 times.   If I set it for 4 hour range, how many times will it come on and off? Maybe that will be the 11 times but at what point does it shift from 4 times to 11 times?? There must be an alogrhythm or something that was used to program this feature like, Under 1 hour on/off 5 times  1-2 hours on/off 8 times  2-8 hours on off 14 times etc.  They keep telling me it's random but there has to be SOMEONE (probably a designer/engineer) that can answer this that tech support won't be bothered to ask. "Random" doesn't answer my question.

Random could be that I set the range for 6 hours and it could turn on for 15 seconds 3 times in that time range. Or stay on for 2:45 min then 30 min off with 2:45 on again. See wehat I am getting at. "Random" could mean a wild range of things and I am looking for something more specific. The answer IS out there and SOMEBODY knows this I am just trying to find out who.  Thanks to anyone that can help, not speculate.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about away mode
2020-08-10 16:36:47

@Dynochrome 

Away mode is random, that is pretty much how it works.

In an hour time frame, the device can turn on five times or just one. I don't know where the 11 came from. However, a better answer would be it would never turn on or turn on a hundred times.

In your case, I would not use away mode, but scheduled times.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 1