Red light even when connection is good

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 11:08:18
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_902011_170703_903

I have two TL-PA9020 powerline adapters. On the TP-plc app it shows that they have good conneciton (over 900 Mbps) and if I do an internet speed test it confirms that the connection is at least as fast as my internet connection (130 Mbps).  So why does the red light show in the middle LED on both? They are connected to a network in which all the other powerline adapters are TP-Link AV1200 ones, but I don't think that is the reason, as I just tried to sell them on ebay and the buyer returned them because the red light was coming on and he thought it meant they had a bad connection, and he was connecting them to a network of other TP-Link AV2000 adapters.  They have the most recent firmware (for the UK at least). I know I could just turn the LED off, but that won 't stop them being returned again if I try to sell them.

Grateful for any insights!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Red light even when connection is good
2020-08-14 20:53:24

@DanHarrison 

The red LED light indicates that the speed is below 50 Mbps so that is odd if the powerline light is red. If the final testing speeds are good, then I would contact support. Maybe the LED may be defective.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1103

Replies: 1