Votes

Control color/color temperature of bulbs based on time of day without having to turn on bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Control color/color temperature of bulbs based on time of day without having to turn on bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 12:39:30

Hello!

I'm not the first to make a similar requests to this, so here's one more asking for this feature.

I want to be able to set up my bulbs so that when I turn them on, they'll turn on to a predetermined color temperature or color based on the time of day. If I could also set the brightness it would be great.

For example, if I turn on my lights at 11 pm, I want them to turn on at 2700K, but if I turn them on at 3 pm, I want them to turn on at 6000K. And if I turn them on 3 am, I'd want them to still turn on at 2700K, but at 50% brightness.

I would also like to set up a time at which the temperature/color/brightness changes, for example, starting at 8 pm, the lights would transition from 6000K to 2700K over 30 minutes, without the light having to be on. This way, if I turn on the light at 8:15 pm, they would turn on at 4350K (halfway through the temperature change). 

Currently this is all "possible" in two ways. The first is by scheduling this change, but doing so will turn the lights on and do it. Even worse, if the lights are turned off at the switch, this event won't happen at all.

The second is by using the circadian mode, this will work even if the light is off at the switch, and I would use it despite not lining up with how I'd want to set up my schedule, except for the brightness portion of it... 5% brightness by 9 pm is too dark for the living or dining rooms.

Thanks for your time, and I'm sure a lot of people would be happy if/when this feature is added.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Control color/color temperature of bulbs based on time of day without having to turn on bulbs
2020-08-10 20:23:10

@HKM 

Thank you for the feature requests. I was thinking of your last two points when you started your initial post.

Options
Re:Control color/color temperature of bulbs based on time of day without having to turn on bulbs
2020-08-11 03:55:17

@Tony Thank you Tony!

Indeed they would be the solution if the scheduling didn't turn on the light. I wouldn't mind the dimming in the auto mode if I could shift the schedule to better match ours.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.