Powerline adapter speed issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 17:11:35 - last edited 2020-08-08 17:14:22
Model: TL-PA7020 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_702002_160902_901

I have TL_PA7020 powerline adapters connecting 2 rooms next to each other, on the same circuit, plugged directly into the wall outlets. The modem and router are in one room, my desktop computer in the room next door.

My internet service is 100Mbps, and over Wifi (or plugged directly into the router with a long Cat5 cable from room to room), I get that speed.

But when I use thePowerline adapters, my speed is half that, around 50Mbps. The PLC Utility shows the connection speed between the powerline adapters as nearly 200Mbps, so that seems fine.

I've tried all the usual advice: there are no other electrical devices nearby, adapters are plugged directly into the wall outlets, all the cables are Cat5, and so on.

Any ideas? These are Gigabit Powerline adapters, so 100Mbps should be easy. What else can I try?

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter speed issues
2020-08-14 20:50:44

@dogrocket 

You could try a different outlet if that is possible.

Try enabling "Lower PLC-to-VDSL" in the tpPLC utility to see if that helps speeds: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2027/

Even though the rooms may be next to each other the wiring may run a different avenue. Take the second adapter to as many other outlets and test to speeds to see if it stays at 50 Mbps or goes higher to determine if that is the best you can get from the desired outlet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 998

Replies: 1

Related Articles