Android App Forcing Update, Then Requiring An Account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 16:11:21
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Until recently, I was adequately happy with my Kasa stuff, I guess. The app was not great but not awful either.

I am a simple user -nothing fancy - with only 3 HS105 wall switches and do not need/want control over the internet - just my local network. Until recently, this was allowed - no problem.

The latest app update, however, seems to require that I have some sort of account with user/password. I don't need or want this (although I had to do something just to post this complaint). But the damn app now requires it. You cannot do anything until you comply. Thankfully, I was able to rollback to the earlier version. But that worked for 1 day.

Now even that earlier version is forcing me to update even though I have told it to postpone. This is all unacceptable. Why can't TP-Link just leave me alone?

Thankfully, most of my on/off control is done using shell scripts and I don't often need/use this app. But this kind of heavy hand is not helpful or user-friendly. And it makes me angry.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Android App Forcing Update, Then Requiring An Account
2020-08-22 18:36:17

Hi @DWP,

Maybe the link given below can help you solve your problem

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1256/

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Mika hawkins

Options

Information