Bricked RE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bricked RE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bricked RE220
Bricked RE220
2020-08-14 23:45:30
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

After a firmware update of my RE220 It got bricked, it only has the power light on, and it won't respond to ethernet either. Is there a way to restore the range extender for it to work?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Bricked RE220
2020-08-17 21:37:02

@Ziphammer83 

There does not appear to be a firmware recovery method.

Plug the range extender into a different outlet, wait for it to boot fully, then hold the reset pinhole for 15 seconds. If the LED lights react, see if you then see the default SSID network broadcast. If you do, you should be able to set it up again.

If you still have nothing, I would recommend contacting our support team.

Options
2020-08-17 23:06:37
I have tried to do so and even pressed and held the wps button and the reset button together, and by themselves for at least a minute, and nothing seemed to work. What happens when I plug the extender in is all the lights turn on, followed by the connection light turning red, followed by all the lights except the power light turns off.
Options
2020-09-07 16:20:48

@Ziphammer83 did this ever get resolved.  I am having the exact same issue?

Options
2020-09-08 15:43:18
If it is within warranty, and mine is, you can get another one. That is what I did.
Options
Same here - Re:Bricked RE220
2021-10-31 00:49:45

@moskutain @Ziphammer83 

One of my RE220 extenders just suffered the same fate.

A few years ago, I purchased 2 RE220 WiFi Extenders from Amazon. At the time, my household didn't use the internet all day every day (like we do now), so we simply connected to the internet (through the extenders) to my neighbors' routers to the left and right of us. Yes, both neighbors willingly gave us their passwords and log in info. And yes, I am the greatest neighbor to have: Need a babysitter in the middle of the night? ✔️     Need someone to feed your critters while you're gone on vacation for a couple of weeks? ✔️     Wish someone was thoughtful enough to notice that the FedEx guy left your package in the rain, run over and bless out the FedEx employee AND get your package out of the rain? ✔️

Back to the point, after a couple of weeks 1 of our neighbors moved so we unplugged 1 of the extenders and put it away until... 4 weeks ago. Reset the device and configured it to our network. Everything was working great so I didn't even think about checking for an update until yesterday. After receiving the update, the Tether app couldn't even find the device. Thought the app may have needed an update as well (and it did), but still didn't fix the problem. 

I've tried everything I can think of, everything that's been suggested throughout thorough searches of multiple support threads. In hindsight, I shouldn't have gotten any updates since the device was still working perfectly. Oddly enough, my other RE220 is still functional and currently shows no updates needed. Anyone have a clue as to why?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1183

Replies: 5

Related Articles