Why must I switch my wifi connection with my extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 00:58:49
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My unit is actually a AC750/RE220 unit. I set up the unit with my modem using the Web browser method and it seemed to set up OK. The problem is, the extender shows up as a separate rounter from my main router with a _EXT extension on the name. This is not the way my other extender works. This means the extension is not seamless. I have to manually switch router connections when I walk from one room to the next. It's supposed to be a seamless extension, but this is far from seamless I wouldn't call it unified roaming. What am I doing wrong?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Why must I switch my wifi connection with my extender?
2020-08-18 15:05:48

@wizardchef 

Log back into the extender, you can find its IP by looking at the main router.

Once you log in go to Settings > Wireless > Extended Network. Change both network names to whichever your router is named.

Options
2020-08-18 15:20:54 - last edited 2020-08-18 15:25:03

@Tony  The path you describ below doesn't exist in my Tether app. When I go to Setting is see Language, Notifications, Rate Techer, Share, and About..   ???? But, I found the Extended Network page in the app and changed the names to match the names of my main router. I assume that should do it.

Options
2020-08-18 20:36:28

@wizardchef 

I was referencing when logging in through a web browser like Chrome, but you did the same thing with Tether so that's fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 3