TP-Link AV1000 and Apple Airport SSID DROPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-17 11:23:31
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I have the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Ethernet Adapter with the wan end connected to my Comcast modem. On the receiving end, I connected an apple AirPort Extreme. This is to extend WiFi to the opposite end of the house. This works GREAT for a few hours. Then, although the airport shows the green light saying it has an IP it stops sending any signal. All connected devices drop. I have a lot of smart home devices that need a constant connection. When this drops the SSIDs are no longer being broadcast. If I restart the airport it resolves immediately and everything works again for a few hours. I saw that the TP Link has some sort of power saving built in and wondering if this might be stopping the connection?  Or if there is another fix for this?  
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV1000 and Apple Airport SSID DROPS
2020-08-18 21:12:57

@Cougot 

If your SSID is dropping, then its the router itself. 

If the drop was due to the powerline devices getting in the way then you will still have your SSIDs, but no internet or the router will indicate there is no internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1