Votes

Add VLAN tag option to Deco M9 Guest network in AP-mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 13:22:15 - last edited 2020-08-21 13:23:17
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200725 Rel. 65637

When using the Deco system in router mode, the guest network is tagged with 591 (default VLAN tag).

When switching to AP mode, the guest network isn't tagged anymore. Guest clients are getting an IP address in the private range (can't route/switch based on wifi network when there isn't a tag).

To be more flexible seperating the guest and lan networks in AP-mode, tagging of the guest network would help a lot to split both networks.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Add VLAN tag option to Deco M9 Guest network in AP-mode
2020-08-21 20:37:56

@Sateetje 

Thank you for your feature request. We will forward that for consideration.

Options
2020-11-27 18:28:19

@Tony I'm interested in this also. When will there be an option to have a VLAN tag for the Deco M5 when running in AP mode?

Options
2020-11-30 09:49:17

This feature absolutely needs adding now.

It's ridiculous that there's no capability to isolate the guest wireless network on the switch using a dedicated vlan when operating in AP mode. It's an option in router mode, so where's the problem in providing the same feature in AP mode?

Options
2020-12-11 14:29:56

Hi @Tony , is this planned already? I'm thinking of selling the M9 and buying an Ubiquity (or something like that). I need the VLAN tagging in the guest network.

If it's not planned to be released in the next couple of months, I know what to do.

Options
2020-12-19 20:09:06

@Sateetje Agreed, this is very important.  I have the M5.  Actually, in AP mode I should really just be presented with "SSID Name:  xyz   Paired VLAN:  123" and be able to create an bunch of SSIDs, each passed out to any VLAN I feel like.  You know, the way a normal access point works.

Options
2021-03-16 17:45:04

Does TP Link have an ETA on when a feature like this may be available.

VLAN1 is only valid for legacy devices, but the default SSID uses VLAN1.  The guest SSID uses 591, but can't be changed or even enabled when in AP mode.

In my opinion, this should be a SUPER easy fix which could provide HUGE benefit for the more power users.  This feature is about the only reason I am considering ripping out my TPLINK devices and replacing with Unifi APs.  If I could get this feature, I would probably pick up a set of X60s.

Options
2021-03-16 17:58:37

@Gamerayers 

just sold the M9 set and bought Unifi

no replies on ETA

Options
2021-09-14 03:25:40

Hi @Tony, do we have an ETA on this feature? Being able to add a vLAN tag to the guest network is an essential and basic feature. An update including this feature would be really nice.

Options
2021-09-21 01:02:47

any new update on this feature guys?

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1974

Replies: 9

Voters 7

+ 3 Voters