Powerline extender not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-29 19:39:45
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I first got this extender kit and set it up, it worked great. Now it won't seem to connect to the internet anymore. I re-paired the adapter and extender, it shows it will connect to wifi, but not the internet (shows this on the tv when I am trying to connect my roku tv to a network) The adapter plugged into my router shows the LED light (the one that looks like a house) as red and that same light on the extender doesn't light up at all. BTW, if you can't tell, I am NOT tech savvy. Any help you can give would be MUCH appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline extender not connecting to internet
2020-08-31 21:11:14 - last edited 2020-08-31 21:11:44

@Momof2 

The house LED is your powerline connection indicator. If it is green it has a good connection to the other device, if it is red, it is still connected, but it is not as fast. For the LED on the main adapter to be red, but the other one being off is odd. Both should be red in this case.

Take the wireless adapter, and plug that into the same room of the main adapter and see if the powerline light changes or shows green again. This is to make sure they still operate together. If the powerline light does not come on, re-pair them. 

Once both are connected, take the extender back to where you had it. If the powerline goes back to being off, you may need to keep trying a different outlet.

Make sure neither powerline adapter is connected to a surge protector or power strip, both should be directly connected to the electrical outlet.

Options
Re:Powerline extender not connecting to internet
2020-08-31 21:16:50

@Tony Thanks! I ended up figuring it out. I pressed the reset button on the extender and then re-paired them. That took care of it. Thanks for your quick reply though.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2152

Replies: 2

Related Articles